Quantitative ResearcherGreenwich, CT
Altpoint Cipher is a newly launched crypto hedge fund seeking for a quantitative researcher to join the quant team focused on developing and testing automated crypto trading strategies using sophisticated statistical techniques.
- Conceptualize trading strategies, develop and continuously improve upon mathematical models, and help translate algorithms into code
- Back test and implement trading models and signals in a live trading environment
- Use unconventional data sources
- Conduct research and statistical analysis to build and refine monetization systems for trading signals
Required Skills & Talents:
- Advanced training in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, or another highly quantitative field (Bachelors, Masters, PhD degree)
- Strong knowledge of probability and statistics (e.g. machine learning, time-series analysis, pattern recognition, NLP)
- Prior experience working in a data driven research environment
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Experience with analytical packages (e.g. R, Matlab)
- Cryptocurrency experience is preferable
- Ability to deploy actionable code quickly
- Independent research experience
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent analytical skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
This position is based in Greenwich CT.
Altpoint is a crypto multi-strategy hedge fund based out of Greenwich CT and managed by SEC-registered advisor.