Data ScientistLos Angeles, CA
Newbook is a fast-growing technology startup revolutionizing the way independent creatives showcase their work, and get hired by top clients. We use data, beautiful software, and innovative design to put customers first at every step in the Talent search and hiring process.
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join Newbook’s Product Engineering team. You will study user behavior, evaluate strategic initiatives, and experiment with new features. Above all, your work will shape the future of work and culture. If this sounds like you, we’re excited to meet you.
What You’ll Do:
• Work closely with cross-functional teams of data scientists, designers and engineers who are passionate about Newbook’s success
• Develop a deep understanding of how product and platforms influence user behavior
• Be a speaking partner to product development teams, making and give recommendations when needed
Who You Are:
• You know how to understand and solve loosely defined problems and come up with relevant answers and actionable insights to guide product development decisions.
• You have a deep understanding of numbers, as well as a strong business sense.
• You have 4+ years of relevant experience, with a degree in economics, psychology, computer science, statistics, or mathematics or another quantitative discipline.
• You have the technical competence to perform advanced analytics: coding skills (such as Python, Java, or Scala), experience with analytics tools (Pandas, R, SPSS, SQL, Hadoop, or Excel) and experience performing analysis with large datasets.
• You possess statistical competence (such as regression modeling, a/b testing, significance testing, etc.)
• It is a plus if you have demonstrated experience with hands-on statistical modeling and possess knowledge about machine learning (such as predictive modeling, decision trees, classification models, clustering techniques).
What We Offer:
• Competitive compensation packages with a salary, bonuses, and stock options.
• Benefits, including paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance.
• Strong startup culture with catered lunches, casual dress code, happy hours, and more.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world discovers and collaborates with talent.
Redefining talent booking.
- CEO Sebastian Flores
- Industry Fashion
- Location Los Angeles, CA
Newbook is a digital platform that directly connects fashion talent and the brands and clients who want to book them for creating advertising content. Our all-in-one platform seamlessly facilitates the entire booking experience, from search to payment & feedback. Newbook offers the best place for models to market their talent and the easiest way for bookers to discover the look they need.