Business Development LeadLos Angeles, CA
Acorn is focused on making parents’ lives easier through a technology platform that allows parents to search, book, and pay for kids’ activities. The company recently launched its app in London, with an expected New York launch in Q4 2017 and other major US cities in 2018.
Acorn is looking for a Business Development Lead to help launch its platform in Los Angeles. The candidate will oversee the vendor acquisition strategies and will help with user acquisition. The candidate will also work with the Founder and product development team to provide meaningful user feedback on product features, functionality, UI/UX, and branding.
• Identify, establish and manage relationships with kids’ activity vendors and strategic partners
• Create and execute plan to drive awareness and engagement of the Acorn platform with vendors and partners
• Evaluate strategic and partnership opportunities, performing a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses
• Lead contract negotiations to establish meaningful working partnerships
• At least 5 years of experience in sales and business development; experience at an online marketplace business a plus
• Strong track record developing partnerships and managing sales process
• Excellent use of insights and data-driven decision-making
• Proactive, self-starter mentality with excellent organizational skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify and provide comprehensive solutions for varying partner needs
• Thrives in and enjoys a highly collaborative, fast-paced, start up environment with a small, high energy, high IQ team
• Bachelor’s degree required
Making parents’ lives easier.
- CEO Adel Kambar
- Industry Marketplaces
- Location Global
Acorn is a children's activity platform enriching the lives of parents and kids. Parents can search across a comprehensive database of children's activities based on factors like location and age range. Acorn also features social elements like activity provider ratings and the ability to connect with other parents and caregivers. Activity providers can claim profiles or create new ones to best communicate their service offerings.