Director of OperationsNew York, NY
Aces is a new visual messenger app featuring fun ways to share, discover, and react to cool (and sometimes secret!) content. We’re about to launch and looking to grow our team. Whether you love mainstream or super, super random topics, you can 100% own it on Aces.
Aces is seeking a Director of Operations to help launch our platform and implement processes as we grow. This position is based in a great, light-filled office in Manhattan (Flatiron). You will work closely with a small team to ensure that we are poised to experiment, move quickly, prioritize on the fly, and plan for scaling. The ability to own, drive, and balance long-term planning and short-term execution with minimal supervision is critical. You should have stellar communication skills, operational experience, strategic vision, and the ability to execute independently. This is a highly entrepreneurial opportunity with tremendous autonomy and upside. Domain expertise in the social media, messaging, and/or user-generated content space is preferred.
The Director of Operations will be expected to help launch and manage GTM strategies as well as identify key business and product areas in which to establish operational best practices. You should have the ability to multitask on a number of different projects and preemptively address common industry issues. An interest in pop culture (especially overlapping with Gen Zs and Millennials) is a big plus!
What You’ll Do:
- Advise and implement operational best practices to meet launch needs and support future growth plans
- Assist with daily operations of the company ranging across product, marketing, engineering, design, and community engagement
- Identify partnership opportunities and user acquisition strategies
- Constantly research and present industry trends and best practices across social media and messaging
- Shape and hone Aces value proposition(s) to achieve product-market fit based on research, user feedback, and testing
- Track, analyze, and react to operational and growth KPIs/metrics
- Fiercely advocate for existing and prospective end users across all aspects of the Aces platform
- 3+ years relevant operations work experience (bonus points for social media and/or messaging; double bonus points for building a user-generated content platform from scratch)
- Proven success in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and the ability to thrive in a rapidly changing and highly competitive industry
- Demonstrated experience building, launching, and scaling new business initiatives
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills including the ability to tailor pitches to end users as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to balance creative, out-of-the-box thinking with industry standards, operational structure, and measurable results/takeaways
- A love of problem solving, experimentation, and risk management with a strong attention to detail
- Track record of managing multiple time-sensitive initiatives and collaborating across cross-functional teams
- Interest and passion for social media and youth culture is highly desired!
- BA/BS required
How to Apply:
Along with your resume, please include a short note about yourself and why you are interested in this role.
Reimagining social messaging.
- CEO Dana G. Kule
- Industry Social Media
- Location New York, NY
Aces is a contextual social messaging platform enabling users to share content via a seamless, engaging experience. Users can send, archive, sort, manage, and react to multimedia messages instantly while also discovering social and cultural trends across their networks. Leveraging data and machine learning, Aces redefines the concept of relevance in social media.